The qualifying stages for the 2020 NBA 2K League Draft tipped off on Tuesday, October 22 and will run through Sunday, November 10.
Completing your online application can be done here: https://2kleague.nba.com/apply
- To measure commitment and skill, each player will be required to win at least 50 games in NBA 2K20’s Pro-Am Team Arena or at The Rec and win at least 50 percent of his or her games in order to advance in the process.
- For example:
- If a player competes in 100 games, he or she must win 50 to achieve a 50% winning percentage in order to qualify.
- If a player wins 50 games but competes in more than 100, he or she will not qualify.
- If a player does not complete a game or quits while a game is in progress, that will count as a loss.
- Each participant must also complete an online application by November 10 at 3 p.m. ET.
- Access the form here: https://2kleague.nba.com/apply/
- The application log-in must match a player’s Xbox One or PS4 gamertag.
- Online applications will include questions on general applicant information, gaming background, basketball IQ, NBA 2K IQ and an audio submission about why the applicant wants to be drafted into the NBA 2K League.
- Each participant will be required to sign a pledge to provide a fair and safe competitive environment for the players and the community, and to treat fellow competitors fairly and respectfully.
- The NBA 2K League Qualifier is open to anyone around the world who has a copy of NBA 2K20 (PlayStation 4 or Xbox One), an internet connection and is 18 or older by the time the Qualifier starts.
- Winning more than 50 games will not increase a player’s standing.
- Pro-Am competition is a 5-on-5 format with all participants using his or her existing MyPlayer.
- During the Qualifier, there will be an NBA 2K League tab within the menu that will track your progress.
- Players can participate in games in Pro-Am Team Arena or at The Rec in NBA 2K20.
- 2019 NBA 2K League players do not need to participate in the Qualifier.
- After the NBA 2K League Combine, which will conclude in December, the best players will be identified and made eligible for the 2020 NBA 2K League Draft.
- The NBA 2K League will also host international tryouts with selected top players from outside North America to identity additional international players for the 2020 draft pool.
- NBA 2K League team-sanctioned amateur Pro-Am tournaments may include potential entry for top performers. For information on tournament location and dates, click here. Please note, these dates may change and/or news dates may be added.