– 2020 NBA 2K League Season Begins Tuesday, March 24 with THE TIPOFF Powered by AT&T; Select NBA 2K League Teams to Host Regular-Season Games in Local Markets –
– Single-Night, Bud Light VIP Lounge and Season Tickets on Sale Now at NBA2KLeague.com –
In response to the coronavirus pandemic, the NBA 2K League is postponing the start of its 2020 season, which had been scheduled to tip-off Tuesday, March 24. In the coming weeks, NBA 2K League teams will compete in preseason competitions remotely from their team markets as they continue to prepare for the start of the 2020 season.
NEW YORK, Feb. 27, 2020 – The NBA 2K League announced today that the NBA 2K League Studio is moving to Manhattan for the 2020 season and unveiled the league’s complete season schedule. The NBA 2K League will occupy a 13,600 square-foot space located at 508 West 37th Street in Manhattan with a capacity of 200 people.
The new NBA 2K League Studio will feature revamped audience seating that reflects the circular competition format unique to the NBA 2K League, larger screens, a mic’d stage that will highlight the players and their personalities to viewers in the studio and watching on the broadcast, the Bud Light VIP Lounge, a streaming pod for guest streamers, and an additional studio for content capture.
Single-night, Bud Light VIP Lounge and season tickets for regular-season and select tournament matchups at the NBA 2K League Studio are on sale now for $15, $30 and $115, respectively, by visiting NBA2KLeague.com.
“Every season we seek to elevate the NBA 2K League experience for players, fans and viewers, and we are taking a major step in that direction with our new Manhattan studio,” said NBA 2K League Managing Director Brendan Donohue. “This unique space will further establish the NBA 2K League as a world-class esports product and make the league more engaging and accessible to casual and hardcore fans alike.”
The NBA 2K League’s third season tips off Tuesday, March 24 with The TIPOFF powered by AT&T at the NBA 2K League Studio. Weekly regular-season matchups at the NBA 2K League Studio will begin at 7 p.m. ET on Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays. Each team will play a total of 16 regular-season games.
New this season, select NBA 2K League teams will host rivalry matches and round-robin events in their local markets. All rivalry matches and round-robin games will count toward a team’s regular-season record, with the exception of the round-robin championship games. Each round-robin event will have a total prize pool of $20,000 with the winner of the championship game receiving $15,000.
Additionally, every Friday, the NBA 2K League Studio will host a “Game of the Week,” featuring a compelling matchup and unique studio experience for fans in attendance and watching on the broadcast.
The 2020 season will once again feature three in-season tournaments (THE TIPOFF, THE TURN and THE TICKET) in which teams compete for banners that link together to form THE BANNER CHAIN powered by AT&T. All 23 teams will compete in THE TIPOFF and THE TURN. The 14 teams that are not one of the top nine playoff seeds will compete in THE TICKET, which will see the winning team earn the 10th and final spot in the 2020 NBA 2K League Playoffs, which will tip off Wednesday, July 29 and take place over four days of gameplay.
All 23 teams will have five bye weeks during the season, including a league-wide bye week July 1-4.
During the 2020 season, the NBA 2K League will award $1.4 million in prize money across THE TIPOFF and THE TURN, the six round-robin local events and the NBA 2K League Playoffs. Additional information is available here.
Below please find the 2020 NBA 2K League season schedule:
- March 24 – 28 THE TIPOFF powered by AT&T (NBA 2K League Studio)
- April 1 – 4 Regular Season – Week 1
- April 8 – 10 Regular Season – Week 2
- April 15 – 17 Regular Season – Week 3
- April 22 – 25 Regular Season – Week 4
- April 29 – May 2 Regular Season – Week 5
- May 6 – 8 Regular Season – Week 6
- May 13 – 15 THE TURN powered by AT&T (location TBA)
- May 20 – 23 Regular Season – Week 7
- May 27 – 29 Regular Season – Week 8
- June 3 – 6 Regular Season – Week 9
- June 10 – 13 Regular Season – Week 10
- June 17 – 20 Regular Season – Week 11
- July 24 – 27 Regular Season – Week 12
- July 1– 4 League-Wide Bye Week
- July 8 – 11 Regular Season – Week 13
- July 15 – 18 Regular Season – Week 14
- July 23 – 25 THE TICKET powered by AT&T (NBA 2K League Studio)
- July 29 – August 1 2020 NBA 2K League Playoffs
- August 8 2020 NBA 2K League Finals