THE TICKET powered by AT&T, the NBA 2K League’s third and final in-season tournament, will begin Thursday, August 13 and run through Saturday, August 15. New this season, the 14 teams that are not one of the top nine playoff seeds will compete in THE TICKET, which will see the winning team earn the 10th and final spot in the 2020 NBA 2K League Playoffs in lieu of prize money. Matches will be played in a best-of-three series, with the winner of each match advancing to the next round. Seeding for the tournament will be determined by each team’s regular-season winning percentage.
- The team that finishes the regular season in 10th place will automatically advance to THE TICKET Finals.
- The 13 remaining teams will compete to become the second participant in THE TICKET Finals.
All matches will air live from 5-11 p.m. ET on the NBA 2K League’s Twitch channel, in addition to select matches airing live on ESPN’s digital platforms and the NBA 2K League’s YouTube channel, and on delay on eGG Network in Southeast Asia. ESPN 2 will air matches live August 13 from 7-11 p.m. ET and August 15 from 5-11 p.m. ET. Dash Radio’s Nothin’ But Net channel will also provide live coverage of the tournament.
Below are the tiebreakers for seeding in THE TICKET powered by AT&T:
- Head-to-head record in regular-season matches
- When more than two teams are tied, teams will be seeded based on winning percentage in all regular-season matches among the tied teams
- Out-of-game technical fouls accumulated throughout the regular season
- Average point differential in all regular-season matches
- Average points per game in all regular-season matches
- Performance in this season’s THE TURN powered by AT&T
- Round reached
- Winning percentage in pool play round
- Average point differential across tournament
- Random draw
Warriors Gaming Squad won the 2019 edition of THE TICKET powered by AT&T, which was held at Full Sail University in Winter Park, Florida. 2018 second-round pick Alexander “Bsmoove” Reese was named tournament MVP after averaging 17.7 points per game throughout THE TICKET.
Stay tuned for more information on THE TICKET powered by AT&T and the 2020 NBA 2K League Playoffs.