THE TIPOFF Powered by AT&T will feature pool play with seven groups of three teams competing over four days (April 2-5). Teams were placed into groups at random. Each team will play two games in the first round. The winning team from each group and one wild card team will move on to an eight-team, single-elimination playoff taking place on Saturday, April 6, the fifth and final day of the tournament.
All 21 teams will be competing for a prize pool of $120,000. THE TIPOFF champion and runner-up will be awarded $52,500 and $37,500, respectively. The teams that finish third and fourth will each be awarded $15,000.
Group 1: Cavs Legion GC, Mavs Gaming, Raptors Uprising GC
Group 2: Knicks Gaming, Magic Gaming, NetsGC
Group 3: Grizz Gaming, T-Wolves Gaming, Wizards District Gaming
Group 4: 76ers GC, Heat Check Gaming, Kings Guard Gaming
Group 5: Hawks Talon GC, Pacers Gaming, Warriors Gaming Squad
Group 6: Celtics Crossover Gaming, Lakers Gaming, Pistons GT
Group 7: Blazer5 Gaming, Bucks Gaming, Jazz Gaming
The criteria below will be used to determine the winner of each group, the wild card team, and playoff seeding.
- Winning percentage
- Number of points under the Eight Point Quarter System (see below)
- Average point differential per game in pool play
- Total points scored in pool play
- Random draw
Eight Point Quarter System
This system will be used as the second tiebreaker. In this system, eight points are awarded each game and distributed as follows:
- Four points for winning the game.
- One point for every quarter a team wins (in the event of a tied quarter, both teams will receive 0.5 points).
- As a result, the winning team in each game can collect between five and eight points, while the losing team can collect between zero and three points.
To watch THE TIPOFF Powered by AT&T, tune in on the NBA 2K League’s Twitch channel