NBA 2K League Become a Pro Series
This Contest is governed exclusively by the laws of the State of New York, United States, subject to the enforcement of the mandatory provisions of any other applicable law.
- How to Compete. To enter the “NBA 2K League Become a Pro Series” (“Contest”), you must meet the eligibility requirements set forth in Section 2 below.
Contest Requirements: Prior to the start date of the Contest, you must (i) own or have access to NBA® 2K23 (“Game”); (ii) have internet connection (while broadband internet access is not required, it is recommended) and (iii) own or have access to (a) a PlayStation5 (“PS5”), PSN ID and PS Plus service, or (b) an Xbox Series X, a Gamertag and Xbox Gold Service.
You can only play under one (1) account/PSN ID/Gamertag throughout the duration of the Contest and you must play on the same one (1) platform throughout the duration of the Contest.
Entrants suspected of using multiple accounts/PSN IDs/Gamertags in violation of these Official Rules will be subject to disqualification. All aspects of this Contest are subject to these Official Rules.
No automated entry devices and/or programs permitted. All entries (including game play and any content created in connection with game play) become the sole and exclusive property of the NBA 2K League, LLC (“Sponsor”) and receipt of entries will not be acknowledged or returned. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, illegible, stolen, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, misdirected, technically corrupted or garbled entries, which will be disqualified, or for problems of any kind whether mechanical, human or electronic. Proof of submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor. By entering the Contest, entrants fully and unconditionally agree to be bound by these rules and the decisions of the judges, which will be final and binding in all matters relating to the Contest.
- Eligibility. Participation open only to individuals who are at least 18 years of age and have attained the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. Proof of residency and age may be required. Employees, officers and directors of NBA 2K League, LLC (“Sponsor”), the NBA 2K League teams, Take‑Two Interactive Software, Inc., 2K Games, Inc., NBA Properties, Inc., the National Basketball Association, the Women’s National Basketball Association, NBA Media Ventures LLC, NBA TV LLC, and the NBA & WNBA member teams, the National Basketball Players Association, the Women’s National Basketball Players Association, the National Football League Players Association (as licensing agents for the Women’s National Basketball Players Association), Microsoft Corporation, Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC (collectively, the “Contest Parties”) and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, advertising and promotion agencies, manufacturers or distributors of Contest materials and their immediate families (parents, children, siblings, spouse) or members of the same household (whether related or not) of such employees/officers/directors are not eligible to enter. Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial, state, local and other laws and regulations.
- Tournament Rules. Each player must satisfy all eligibility requirements and otherwise comply with these Official Rules in order to be eligible to participate in the NBA 2K League Become a Pro Series. The NBA 2K League Become a Pro Series will take place at the following dates and times, with all such dates and times subject to change by the Sponsor: (i) 3v3 competition: October 25, 2022, October 26, 2022, and October 28, 2022, at 6:00-10:00 PM EST each day, and October 29, 2022, at 12:00-4:00 PM EST; and (ii) 5v5 competition: November 8, 2022, November 9, 2022, and November 11, 2022, at 6:00-10:00 PM EST each day, and November 12, 2022, at 12:00-4:00 PM EST. All games will be played in the 2K Event Center in the City within the Game. Players will participate in matchmaking as individuals and not as teams. Players will be ranked on a scoreboard (the “Contest Scoreboard”) based on their performance in games that are part of the Become a Pro Series. How such rankings are determined from performance is at the discretion of Sponsor.
- Sponsor Communications: If at any point a player fails to respond to a Contest‑related communication from the Sponsor or Sponsor’s designee in a timely manner, as determined by the Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion, such player may be disqualified or otherwise penalized at the Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. For clarity, all Contest schedules are subject to change even on a scheduled game day. It is each player’s responsibility to frequently check https://2kleague.nba.com and any email addresses and other communication channels used by the Sponsor to be informed of any updates on the Contest schedules and other Contest issues.
5. Verifications: ALL POTENTIAL WINNERS MUST BE VERIFIED BY SPONSOR TO ENSURE ELIGIBILITY PRIOR TO BEING DECLARED A WINNER AND/OR RECEIVING ANY PRIZE.
Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to conduct background checks on players to the extent permitted by law. To the extent permitted by law, entrants must provide authorization and/or complete any forms reasonably required to facilitate such background check. Failure to comply with this requirement and/or assist Sponsor to conduct such background check may result in disqualification of a player. Sponsor also reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to disqualify a player based on the results of such background check, if the Sponsor determines, in its sole and absolute discretion, that allowing a player to participate in the Contest or awarding them a prize might reflect negatively on the Contest, Sponsor, and/or any of the Released Parties. Factors that may result in disqualification of a player, include, without limitation, conviction of a felony or misdemeanor, or any other criminal or civil offense as determined in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor or, if Sponsor determines, in its sole and absolute discretion, that allowing that player to participate in the Contest or awarding a prize to such individual may reflect unfavorably on the Contest, Sponsor, and/or any of the Released Parties.
- Contest Play. Entrants must strictly adhere to all game play guidelines and these Official Rules or risk the possibility of disqualification.
Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to change the score, outcome or status of a Contest game, or a player’s statistics for such game, including in the event of computer or technical issues. Additionally, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify or remove any entrant for any reason. Without limitation, this decision could be made based on the Sponsor’s judgment that the individual tampered with the game software or hardware to manipulate the outcome or score.
- Contest Prizes. The following prizes will be awarded in connection with the Contest:
- Each player who finishes in “Tier 3” on the Contest Scoreboard will receive: (i) five (5) in‑Game “Skill boosts”, (ii) five (5) in‑Game “Gatorade boosts”; (iii) one (1) digital NBA 2K League “player panel” that will display around the player’s gamer tag in certain instances in the Game; and (iv) one (1) digital NBA 2K League t‑shirt.
- Each player who finishes in “Tier 2” on the Contest Scoreboard will receive: (i) ten (10) in‑Game “Skill boosts”, (ii) ten (10) in‑Game “Gatorade boosts”; (iii) one (1) digital NBA 2K League “player panel” that will display around the player’s gamer tag in certain instances in the Game; (iv) one (1) digital NBA 2K League t‑shirt; (v) five thousand (5,000) in‑Game virtual currency, usable in the Game; and (vi) one (1) pair of NBA 2K League digital arm sleeves usable for a MyPLAYER in the Game.
- Each player who finishes in “Tier 1” on the Contest Scoreboard will receive: (i) twenty‑five (25) in‑Game “Skill boosts”, (ii) twenty‑five (25) in‑Game “Gatorade boosts”; (iii) one (1) digital NBA 2K League “player panel” that will display around the player’s gamer tag in certain instances in the Game; (iv) one (1) digital NBA 2K League t‑shirt; (v) ten thousand (10,000) in‑Game virtual currency, usable in the Game; (vi) one (1) pair of NBA 2K League digital arm sleeves usable for a MyPLAYER in the Game; and (vii) one (1) NBA 2K League digital jersey usable for a MyPLAYER in the Game.
- Each player who finishes in the top five (5) at their position on the Contest Scoreboard will receive: (i) all prizes listed in the immediately preceding bullet for Tier 1 players; (ii) unlimited in‑Game “Dunk boosts”, and (iii) subject to all applicable NBA 2K League requirements, as discussed more below, inclusion in the pool of players eligible to be selected in the 2023 NBA 2K League Draft.
In‑Game prizes (e.g., virtual currency, digital items, etc.) will be awarded in a manner determined by Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion. Individuals who win any prizes set forth above are referred to herein each as a “Winner” or collectively as “Winners”. The Winner will sign all the appropriate tax documentation and forms requested by Sponsor and/or required by law. Failure to provide the Sponsor with all the tax‑related documentation, forms and/or signatures, will result in the disqualification of the Winner and forfeiture of the prize.
FOR ALL PRIZES: All Winners will be required to complete and return documents, including an Affidavit/Declaration of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity release and rights transfer document, and, where applicable, appropriate tax forms to receive a prize. As a condition of awarding a prize, Winner will be required to execute the Affidavit/Declaration of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity and return via email and/or as otherwise instructed by Sponsor to Sponsor within the time frame designated by Sponsor. Failure to return such documents in the time frame required by Sponsor may result in forfeiture of the applicable prize. Winners are responsible for ensuring return of all required materials; proof of sending will not be considered proof of receipt by Sponsor.
If any prize or prize notification messages are returned as undeliverable, or a Winner does not respond in the time frame required by Sponsor, or refuses to execute the required documents, or rejects a prize (or any part thereof), or in the event of noncompliance with these Official Rules or Contest requirements, the prize will be forfeited and may or may not be awarded to the next runner‑up or another individual, as determined by Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion. In the event of prize forfeiture, no compensation will be given.
Prizes are not transferable. No substitutions or exchanges of any prize will be permitted, except that Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value for any prize. In‑Game prizes (e.g., virtual currency, digital items, etc.) are subject to all applicable terms, conditions and limitations. All prize details, including size and color are at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Merchandise is not game used. Inclusion in the 2023 NBA 2K League Draft pool is subject to all NBA 2K League requirements, including, without limitation, satisfaction of eligibility requirements, completion of required paperwork (e.g., a player contract), satisfaction of any applicable background / social media check requirements, and compliance with any health and safety protocols.
Nothing in these Official Rules limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify any statutory consumer guarantees or any implied condition or warranty the exclusion of which from these Official Rules would contravene any statute or cause any part of these Official Rules to be void (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Subject to the limitations in the preceding sentence, all Prizes and all parts thereof are awarded “AS IS” and WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, express or implied (including, without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose), except where prohibited by law. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, AND LOCAL TAXES AND ANY APPLICABLE SOCIAL CONTRIBUTIONS ASSOCIATED WITH THE PRIZE ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNERS AND WINNERS WILL BE REQUIRED TO REPORT AND PAY ANY APPLICABLE INCOME TAXES RELATED TO THE PRIZE.
- General Release. BY PARTICIPATING IN THE CONTEST, AND SUBJECT TO ANY NON-EXCLUDABLE GUARANTEES, ALL ENTRANTS, AND WINNERS TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY APPLICABLE LAWS, RELEASE THE SPONSOR, THE CONTEST PARTIES, AND ANY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE PARENT COMPANIES, SUBSIDIARIES AFFILIATES, DIRECTORS, MANAGERS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, SPONSORS, AND AGENTS, INCLUDING ADVERTISING AND PROMOTION AGENCIES (“RELEASED PARTIES”), FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY, FOR LOSS, HARM, DAMAGE, MORAL DAMAGE, INJURY, COST OR EXPENSE WHATSOEVER INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, PROPERTY DAMAGE, PERSONAL INJURY AND/OR DEATH WHICH MAY OCCUR IN CONNECTION WITH, PREPARATION FOR, TRAVEL TO, OR PARTICIPATION IN CONTEST OR POSSESSION, ACCEPTANCE AND/OR USE OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE OR PARTICIPATION IN ANY CONTEST‑RELATED ACTIVITY AND FOR ANY CLAIMS BASED ON PUBLICITY RIGHTS, DEFAMATION, INVASION OF PRIVACY, COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO INFRINGEMENT OF MORAL RIGHTS), TRADEMARK INFRINGEMENT OR ANY OTHER INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY-RELATED CAUSE OF ACTION, AND AGREE NOT TO MAKE ANY CLAIMS AGAINST THE RELEASED PARTIES IN RESPECT THEREOF, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION (I) ANY CONDITION CAUSED BY EVENTS BEYOND SPONSOR’S CONTROL THAT MAY CAUSE THE CONTEST TO BE DISRUPTED OR CORRUPTED; (II) ANY INJURIES, LOSSES, ILLNESS, LITIGATION OR DAMAGES (COMPENSATORY, DIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR OTHERWISE) OF ANY KIND CAUSED BY ENTRANT’S OWN NEGLIGENCE ARISING OR RESULTING, IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM THE AWARDING, DELIVERY, ACCEPTANCE, USE, MISUSE, POSSESSION, LOSS OR MISDIRECTION OF A PRIZE OR PARTICIPATION IN THIS CONTEST OR IN ANY ACTIVITY OR TRAVEL RELATED THERETO OR FROM ANY INTERACTION WITH, OR DOWNLOADING OF, COMPUTER CONTEST INFORMATION; AND (III) ANY PRINTING OR TYPOGRAPHICAL ERRORS IN ANY MATERIALS ASSOCIATED WITH THE CONTEST. Sponsor’s decisions in all respects relative to the Contest are final.
- General Conditions. By entering the Contest, all entrants accept and agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor. No automated entry devices and/or programs permitted. All entries become the sole and exclusive property of the Sponsor and receipt of entries will not be acknowledged or returned. Proof of submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor. In case of dispute of the identity of any entrant, including Winners, entries will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the 2K Account. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. Entrants must keep their email address information up to date and inform Sponsor of any changes of the relevant email address. Released Parties are not responsible for technical, hardware, software, telephone or other communications malfunctions, errors or failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, web site, Internet, or ISP availability, unauthorized human intervention, traffic congestion, incomplete or inaccurate capture of entry information (regardless of cause) or failed, incomplete, garbled, jumbled or delayed computer transmissions which may limit one’s ability to enter or participate in the Contest, including any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participating in this Contest or downloading any materials in this Contest. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, extend or suspend this Contest should (in its sole discretion) virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, medical epidemic or other public health situation, curtailment of travel and/or access to facilities, government action or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Contest. In such case, Sponsor may select the winners from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Sponsor, provided that Sponsor may elect to select fewer winners or no winners at all, or to decrease or otherwise modify the prizes. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds, in its sole discretion, to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or any web sites, platforms or consoles associated with this Contest. Sponsor may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Contest or winning a prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair playing practices (including but not limited to the use of automated entry programs, the use of automated entry devices, playing through the use of multiple 2K Accounts or 2K Sports accounts, or by participating in, or benefiting from, a syndicate, group or block playing process or system), or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants, players or Sponsor representatives.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITES, PLATFORMS OR CONSOLES ASSOCIATED WITH THIS CONTEST OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- Additional Conditions. Except where prohibited by law, each entrant, including all Winners, grants the Released Parties the unconditional, perpetual and worldwide right and/or license to use the entrant’s name, address (city or county and state only), likeness, photograph, biographical information, gamer tags/IDs, voice, actions, performances, team roster/logo/name and prize information (if any) and/or statements about the Contest for any publicity, advertising and promotional purposes without additional compensation, in any media now known or hereafter invented, including but not limited to, on any and all Internet media, including Sponsor’s web sites and social media platforms (i.e., Facebook, YouTube, Twitter etc.), and in game on 2KTV, and via live stream of the Contest, and hereby releases the Released Parties from any liability with respect thereto.
Sponsor has the right to use all of entrant’s gamer tags/IDs, team names, logos and uniforms in its advertising, marketing and publicity materials, in its sole and absolute discretion. In addition, Sponsor has the right to require an entrant to change its gamer tag/ID, team name, logo and/or uniform, or to unilaterally change an entrant’s gamer tag/ID, team name, logo and/or uniform, if such gamer tag/ID, team name, logo or uniform is deemed inappropriate or could violate the right of any third party, including, but not limited to, copyright, trademark or right of publicity or privacy, or for any other reason, in all cases as determined by Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion. Failure to comply with Sponsor’s request to change a gamer tag/ID, team name, logo and/or uniform in a timely manner may result in disqualification, in Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion.
Sponsor and its related entities own all Contest game play and content created in connection with such game play, and all elements thereof, and each entrant, by entering, transfers and assigns to Sponsor and its related entities all right, title and interest in and to all such game play and content, and all elements thereof, to Sponsor and its related entities. All such gameplay and content, and all elements thereof, shall be “works made for hire” for Sponsor and its related entities.
- Disputes. Except where prohibited by law: (a) As a condition of participating in this Contest, entrant agrees that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between any of the Released Parties and entrant or entrant’s representatives, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prizes awarded, or the determination of winners shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action exclusively by arbitration pursuant to the commercial arbitration rules of the American Arbitration Association, then effective; (b) Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental or consequential damages, or any other damages, including attorneys’ fees, other than entrant’s actual out‑of‑pocket expenses (e.g., costs associated with entering this Contest), and entrant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased; and (c) The arbitration shall be conducted in the State of New York, in the City of New York, County of New York, and judgment on the arbitration award may be entered into any court having jurisdiction thereof.
- Governing Law and Jurisdiction. This Contest is governed by New York law (without giving effect to the conflict of laws rules thereof) and is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited by law. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and Sponsor in connection with this Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York without giving effect to the conflict of laws rules thereof, and any matters or proceedings which are not subject to arbitration as set forth in Disputes Section of these Official Rules, shall take place in the courts of the State of New York, in the City of New York, County of New York.
IN THE EVENT THERE IS A DISCREPANCY OR INCONSISTENCY BETWEEN DISCLOSURES OR OTHER STATEMENTS CONTAINED IN ANY CONTEST MATERIALS AND THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THE OFFICIAL RULES, THE OFFICIAL RULES SHALL PREVAIL, GOVERN AND CONTROL.
- Winners List; Rules Request. For a copy of the Winners list, send a stamped, self‑addressed, business-size envelope before December 1, 2022 to Sponsor at the address listed below, Attn: NBA 2K League Become a Pro Series Winners List. To obtain a copy of these Official Rules, visit https://2kleague.nba.com/2k23-event-rules or, by October 25, 2022, send a stamped, self-addressed business-size envelope to Sponsor at the address listed below, Attn: NBA 2K League Become a Pro Series. Vermont residents may omit return postage for Official Rules.
Sponsor: NBA 2K League, LLC. The Sponsor’s address is 645 Fifth Avenue, New York, New York 10022, USA.