NBA 2K LEAGUE APAC INVITATIONAL REMOTE QUALIFIER
Contest may only be entered in or from New Zealand, Australia, the Philippines, and the Republic of Korea (South Korea) and entries originating from (i) individuals not residing within the preceding jurisdictions or (ii) any other jurisdiction are not eligible for entry.
Sponsor: NBA 2K League, LLC. The Sponsor’s address is 645 Fifth Avenue, New York, New York 10022, USA.
- How to Compete. To enter the “NBA 2K LEAGUE APAC INVITATIONAL REMOTE QUALIFIER” (“Contest”), you must meet the eligibility requirements set forth in Section 2 below.
Contest Requirements: Prior to the start date of the Contest, you must (i) own or have access to NBA® 2K24 (“Game”); (ii) have internet connection (while broadband internet access is not required, it is recommended) and (iii) own or have access to next generation consoles: a PlayStation 5 (“PS5”), PSN ID and PS Plus service or XBOX Series X, a Gamertag, and Game Pass:
You can only play under one (1) account/PSN ID/Gamertag throughout the duration of the Contest.
Entrants suspected of using multiple accounts/PSN IDs/Gamertags in violation of these Official Rules will be subject to disqualification. All aspects of this Contest are subject to these Official Rules.
As discussed in more detail below, at least one member of each team must stream each game throughout the Contest.
No automated entry devices and/or programs permitted. All entries (including game play and any content created in connection with game play) become the sole and exclusive property of the NBA 2K League, LLC (“Sponsor”) and receipt of entries will not be acknowledged or returned. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, illegible, stolen, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, misdirected, technically corrupted or garbled entries, which will be disqualified, or for problems of any kind whether mechanical, human or electronic. Proof of submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor. By consenting to these Official Rules, entrants fully and unconditionally agree to be bound by these rules and the decisions of the judges, which will be final and binding in all matters relating to the Contest.
- Eligibility. Participation open only to legal residents of New Zealand, Australia, the Philippines, and the Republic of Korea (South Korea) (collectively, “Eligible Jurisdictions”), who are at least 18 years of age and have attained the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence. Void outside of an Eligible Jurisdiction and where prohibited or restricted by law. Proof of residency and age may be required. Entrants must enter the Contest from within an Eligible Jurisdiction. Entries originating from jurisdictions outside of the Eligible Jurisdictions are void. Employees, officers and directors of NBA 2K League, LLC (“Sponsor”), the NBA 2K League teams, 2K Games, Inc., NBA Properties, Inc., the National Basketball Association, the Women’s National Basketball Association, NBA Media Ventures LLC, NBA TV LLC, and the NBA & WNBA member teams, the National Basketball Players Association, the Women’s National Basketball Players Association, the National Football League Players Association (as licensing agents for the Women’s National Basketball Players Association), Microsoft Corporation, Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC, Twitch Interactive, Inc. (collectively, the “Contest Parties”) and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, advertising and promotion agencies, manufacturers or distributors of Contest materials and their immediate families (parents, children, siblings, spouse) or members of the same household (whether related or not) of such employees/officers/directors are not eligible to enter. Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial, state, local and other laws and regulations.
- Tournament Rules. Each member of a team must complete their sign‑up, satisfy all eligibility requirements and otherwise comply with these Official Rules in order for their team to be among those teams eligible to participate in the Contest. All members of a team from Australia and/or New Zealand must complete their sign‑up by October 11th, 2023, at 3:00:00 AM ET, and all members of a team from the Philippines and/or South Korea must complete their sign‑up by October 12th, 2023, at 6:00:00 AM ET, or such times to be determined by Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion. Teams will not be permitted to replace team members at any point before or during Contest gameplay. If at any point a team competes with a team member other than the team members who signed up initially as members of the team, as determined by Sponsor in Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion, the team may be disqualified or otherwise penalized by Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion. The Contest will consist of two bracketed tournaments with all teams competing on PS5 or XBOX Series X. Teams will be assigned to a bracket based on where their members are located, as determined by Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion. One bracket will consist of teams with members from the Philippines and South Korea only, and the other bracket will consist of teams with members from Australia and New Zealand only. Accordingly, each team’s members must be from the Philippines and South Korea only or from Australia and New Zealand only. The number of teams in each bracket will remain uncapped until registration has closed unless the Sponsor determines otherwise in its absolute and sole discretion. The teams in each bracket will play a tournament in which a team is eliminated if it loses a matchup against another team (each, a “Matchup”). Each Matchup will be a single game. All games will be played in the Pro-Am mode of the Game through the 5 vs. 5 court. The teams competing against each other in all Matchups in each round of the Contest will be determined by Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion (e.g., to the extent the Sponsor publishes brackets at any point during the Contest, the Matchups in subsequent rounds may not be what the published brackets would suggest). Subject to change by Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion, all Matchups in the Contest are currently scheduled to be played on October 12th, 2023 (bracket with teams from Australia / New Zealand) and October 13th, 2023 (bracket with teams from the Philippines / South Korea). Sponsor will determine if additional gamedays are needed, the dates of such gamedays, and any other Contest scheduling changes in its sole and absolute discretion. All initial Matchups will be determined by the Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion and announced after registration closes. Sponsor will determine in its sole and absolute discretion when each Matchup is to be played and the failure of a team or any of its members to participate at the scheduled time or otherwise comply with instructions related to a particular Matchup, as determined by Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion, may result in disqualification or other penalty as determined by Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion. Notwithstanding anything herein to the contrary, (a) in addition to entrants, the Contest may include any number of additional teams made up of individuals selected by the Sponsor at its sole discretion; (b) such teams may include individuals who do not reside in, or have any other connection to, any Eligible Jurisdiction; and (c) players on such teams may win some or all of the prizes set forth in these Official Rules in lieu of entrants winning such prizes.
- Additional Gameplay Rules: Subject to change by the Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion, all games in the Contest are subject to the following rules: (a) entrants must use their own PSN ID or Gamertag and may not use shared, purchased or borrowed accounts; (b) Legend accounts are allowed to participate; (c) at least one (1) member from each team must stream each game on the player’s personal YouTube and/or Twitch channel(s) that have been identified for the Sponsor and the link(s) for such stream must be communicated to the Sponsor and the opposing team in the manner to be communicated to the teams by the Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion, and any team member who streams any game must do so with no music audible in the stream; (d) teams must check in with their opponents at least thirty (30) minutes before the start of each Matchup via the platform of their choice, and any team that has not been able to communicate with their opponent at least fifteen (15) minutes before the Matchup start time must message the game administrators identified by Sponsor via Discord; (e) if a Matchup does not start on time, the game administrators designated by the Sponsor will give at most a ten (10)‑minute window to start the Matchup before assigning a forfeit to the team not present, it being understood that the Sponsor may determine to apply a different remedy in any such instance in its sole and absolute discretion; and (f) the higher seed will host each game and get possession of the ball first.
If a team disconnects or “lags out”, the Sponsor will have sole and absolute discretion to determine how to handle the situation in each instance based on all relevant circumstances as determined by the Sponsor (e.g., intent, repeat disconnects, etc.).
- Sponsor Communications: If at any point a team and/or one of its members fails to respond to a Contest‑related communication from the Sponsor or Sponsor’s designee in a timely manner, as determined by the Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion, such team may be disqualified or otherwise penalized at the Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. For clarity, all Contest schedules are subject to change even on a scheduled game day. It is each player’s responsibility to frequently check https://2kleague.nba.com and any email addresses and other communication channels used by the Sponsor to be informed of any updates on the Contest schedules and other Contest issues.
6. Verifications: ALL POTENTIAL WINNERS MUST BE VERIFIED BY SPONSOR TO ENSURE ELIGIBILITY PRIOR TO BEING DECLARED A WINNER AND/OR RECEIVING ANY PRIZE.
- Contest Play. Entrants must strictly adhere to all game play guidelines and these Official Rules or risk the possibility of disqualification.
Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to change the score, outcome or status of a Contest game, including in the event of computer or technical issues. Additionally, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify or remove any entrant, other participant or team for any reason. Without limitation, this decision could be made based on the Sponsor’s judgment that the individual or team reported the result incorrectly or tampered with the game software or hardware to manipulate the reported outcome or score.
- Contest Prizes. The following prizes will be awarded in connection with the Contest:
- As described more fully below, and subject to these Official Rules and satisfaction of all other eligibility and other requirements determined by Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion, the top two (2) teams from each bracket will be provided travel to Manila, Philippines and accommodations in or near Manila, where they will participate in the NBA 2K LEAGUE APAC INVITATIONAL (the “Additional Tournament”), where prize money and 2024 NBA 2K League Draft eligibility may be awarded (Approximate Retail Value “ARV”) for each player’s prize = $1,000 USD); and
- The top two (2) teams from each bracket will receive 450,000 Virtual Currency (VC) per player for use in the Game (ARV for each player’s prize = $100 USD)
Total ARV for all prizes = $22,000 USD. Sponsor will determine the eligibility and other requirements, rules, other participants and other details of the Additional Tournament in its sole and absolute discretion. Among other requirements, to be able to participate in the Additional Tournament, individuals may be required to complete and sign documentation determined by Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion, and may be required to travel to a location determined by Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion and incur some costs associated with such travel. By a date to be determined by Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion, individuals will also be responsible for satisfying, at their own expense unless otherwise determined by Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion, any (a) immigration requirements that must be satisfied for lawful and appropriate participation (as determined by Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion) in the Additional Tournament, and (b) any health and safety protocols for participation in the Additional Tournament, as determined by Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion.
All Contest prizes awarded to teams will be awarded in equal parts to all team members. If applicable all prizes set forth above will be paid in a form (e.g., check, electronic transfer, etc.) determined by the Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion. Any VC prizes are subject to all terms applicable to VC generally, as such terms may change from time to time. Team members who win any prizes set forth above are referred to herein each as a “Winner” or collectively as “Winners”. The Winner will sign all the appropriate tax documentation and forms requested by law. Failure to provide the Sponsor with all the tax‑related documentation, forms and/or signatures, will result in the disqualification of the Winner and forfeiture of the prize.
FOR ALL PRIZES: All Winners will be required to complete and return documents, including an Affidavit/Declaration of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity release and rights transfer document, and, where applicable, appropriate tax forms to receive a prize. As a condition of awarding a prize, Winner will be required to execute the Affidavit/Declaration of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity and return via email and/or as otherwise instructed by Sponsor to Sponsor within the time frame designated by Sponsor. Failure to return such documents in the time frame required by Sponsor may result in forfeiture of the applicable prize. Winners are responsible for ensuring return of all required materials; proof of sending will not be considered proof of receipt by Sponsor.
If any prize or prize notification messages are returned as undeliverable, or a Winner does not respond in the time frame required by Sponsor, or refuses to execute the required documents, or rejects a prize (or any part thereof), or in the event of noncompliance with these Official Rules or Contest requirements, the prize will be forfeited and may or may not be awarded to the next runner‑up, as determined by Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion. In the event of prize forfeiture, no compensation will be given.
Prizes are not transferable. No substitutions or exchanges of any prize will be permitted, except that Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value and/or specification for any prize.
Nothing in these Official Rules limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify any statutory consumer guarantees or any implied condition or warranty the exclusion of which from these Official Rules would contravene any statute or cause any part of these Official Rules to be void (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Subject to the limitations in the preceding sentence, all Prizes and all parts thereof are awarded “AS IS” and WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, express or implied (including, without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose), except where prohibited by law. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, AND LOCAL TAXES AND ANY APPLICABLE SOCIAL CONTRIBUTIONS ASSOCIATED WITH THE PRIZE ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNERS AND WINNERS WILL BE REQUIRED TO REPORT AND PAY ANY APPLICABLE INCOME TAXES RELATED TO THE PRIZE.
- General Release. BY PARTICIPATING IN THE CONTEST, AND SUBJECT TO ANY NON-EXCLUDABLE GUARANTEES, ALL ENTRANTS, AND WINNERS TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY APPLICABLE LAWS, RELEASE THE SPONSOR, THE CONTEST PARTIES, AND ANY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE PARENT COMPANIES, SUBSIDIARIES AFFILIATES, DIRECTORS, MANAGERS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, SPONSORS, AND AGENTS, INCLUDING ADVERTISING AND PROMOTION AGENCIES (“RELEASED PARTIES”), FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY, FOR LOSS, HARM, DAMAGE, MORAL DAMAGE, INJURY, COST OR EXPENSE WHATSOEVER INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, PROPERTY DAMAGE, PERSONAL INJURY AND/OR DEATH WHICH MAY OCCUR IN CONNECTION WITH, PREPARATION FOR, TRAVEL TO, OR PARTICIPATION IN CONTEST OR POSSESSION, ACCEPTANCE AND/OR USE OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE OR PARTICIPATION IN ANY CONTEST‑RELATED ACTIVITY AND FOR ANY CLAIMS BASED ON PUBLICITY RIGHTS, DEFAMATION, INVASION OF PRIVACY, COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO INFRINGEMENT OF MORAL RIGHTS), TRADEMARK INFRINGEMENT OR ANY OTHER INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY-RELATED CAUSE OF ACTION, AND AGREE NOT TO MAKE ANY CLAIMS AGAINST THE RELEASED PARTIES IN RESPECT THEREOF, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION (I) ANY CONDITION CAUSED BY EVENTS BEYOND SPONSOR’S CONTROL THAT MAY CAUSE THE CONTEST TO BE DISRUPTED OR CORRUPTED; (II) ANY INJURIES, LOSSES, ILLNESS, LITIGATION OR DAMAGES (COMPENSATORY, DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR OTHERWISE) OF ANY KIND CAUSED BY ENTRANT’S OWN NEGLIGENCE ARISING OR RESULTING, IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM THE AWARDING, DELIVERY, ACCEPTANCE, USE, MISUSE, POSSESSION, LOSS OR MISDIRECTION OF A PRIZE OR PARTICIPATION IN THIS CONTEST OR IN ANY ACTIVITY OR TRAVEL RELATED THERETO OR FROM ANY INTERACTION WITH, OR DOWNLOADING OF, COMPUTER CONTEST INFORMATION; AND (III) ANY PRINTING OR TYPOGRAPHICAL ERRORS IN ANY MATERIALS ASSOCIATED WITH THE CONTEST. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW CERTAIN LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY SO SOME OR ALL OF THE LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY PROVISIONS IN THIS OFFICIAL RULES MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. Except where prohibited by law, Sponsor’s decisions in all respects relative to the Contest are final.
- General Conditions. By entering the Contest, all entrants accept and agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor. No automated entry devices and/or programs permitted. All entries become the sole and exclusive property of the Sponsor and receipt of entries will not be acknowledged or returned. Proof of submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor. In case of dispute of the identity of any entrant, including Winners, entries will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the 2K Account. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. Entrants must keep their email address information up to date and inform Sponsor of any changes of the relevant email address. Released Parties are not responsible for: (a) technical, hardware, software, telephone or other communications malfunctions, errors or failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, web site, Internet, or ISP availability, unauthorized human intervention, traffic congestion, incomplete or inaccurate capture of entry information (regardless of cause) or failed, incomplete, garbled, jumbled or delayed computer transmissions which may limit one’s ability to enter or participate in the Contest, including any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participating in this Contest or downloading any materials in this Contest; (b) any theft, unauthorized access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Sponsor) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsor; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Official Rules; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (f) use of a prize / participation in a prize event. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to: (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) cancel, terminate, modify, extend or suspend this Contest should (in its sole discretion) virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, medical epidemic or other public health situation, curtailment of travel and/or access to facilities, government action or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Contest. In such case, Sponsor may select the winners from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Sponsor, provided that Sponsor may elect to select fewer winners or no winners at all, or to decrease or otherwise modify the prizes. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds or has reason to believe, in its sole discretion, has breached any of these Official Rules, tampered with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or any web sites, platforms or consoles associated with this Contest, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardize fair and proper conduct of the Contest. Sponsor may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Contest or winning a prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair playing practices (including but not limited to the use of automated entry programs, the use of automated entry devices, playing through the use of multiple 2K Accounts or 2K Sports accounts, or by participating in, or benefiting from, a syndicate, group or block playing process or system), or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants, players or Sponsor representatives. Sponsor will record details of all teams and may re-award a prize in case of an invalid entrant. Errors and omissions may be accepted at Sponsor’s discretion. Failure by Sponsor to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. Sponsor’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITES, PLATFORMS OR CONSOLES ASSOCIATED WITH THIS CONTEST OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- Additional Conditions. Except where prohibited by law, each entrant, including all Winners, grants the Released Parties the unconditional, perpetual and worldwide right and/or license to use the entrant’s name, address (city or county or equivalent and state or province or equivalent only), likeness, photograph, biographical information, gamer tags/IDs, voice, actions, performances, team roster/logo/name and prize information (if any) and/or statements about the Contest for any publicity, advertising and promotional purposes without additional compensation, in any media now known or hereafter invented, including but not limited to, on any and all Internet media, including Sponsor’s web sites and social media platforms (i.e., Facebook, YouTube, Twitter etc.), and in game on 2KTV, and via live stream of the Contest, and hereby releases the Released Parties from any liability with respect thereto.
Sponsor has the right to use all of entrant’s gamer tags/IDs, team names, logos and uniforms in its advertising, marketing and publicity materials, in its sole and absolute discretion. In addition, Sponsor has the right to require an entrant to change its gamer tag/ID, team name, logo and/or uniform, or to unilaterally change an entrant’s gamer tag/ID, team name, logo and/or uniform, if such gamer tag/ID, team name, logo or uniform is deemed inappropriate or could violate the right of any third party, including, but not limited to, copyright, trademark or right of publicity or privacy, or for any other reason, in all cases as determined by Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion. Failure to comply with Sponsor’s request to change a gamer tag/ID, team name, logo and/or uniform in a timely manner may result in disqualification, in Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion.
Sponsor and its related entities own all Contest game play and content created in connection with such game play, and all elements thereof, and each entrant, by entering, transfers and assigns to Sponsor and its related entities all right, title and interest in and to all such game play and content, and all elements thereof, to Sponsor and its related entities. All such gameplay and content, and all elements thereof, shall be “works made for hire” for Sponsor and its related entities. As a condition of entering this Contest, each entrant licenses and grants Sponsors and its designees and sub-licensees a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable, and sub-licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish and display their entry (including any materials/content created in order to stream any game of the Contest) for any purpose, including but not limited to future promotional, marketing or publicity purposes, in any media, without compensation, restriction on use, attribution or liability.
IN THE EVENT THERE IS A DISCREPANCY OR INCONSISTENCY BETWEEN DISCLOSURES OR OTHER STATEMENTS CONTAINED IN ANY CONTEST MATERIALS AND THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THE OFFICIAL RULES, THE OFFICIAL RULES SHALL PREVAIL, GOVERN AND CONTROL.
- Winners List; Rules Request. For a copy of the Winners list, send a stamped, self‑addressed, business-size envelope before February 1, 2024 to Sponsor at the address listed below, Attn: APAC INVITITATIONAL REMOTE QUALIFIER Winners List. To obtain a copy of these Official Rules, visit https://2kleague.nba.com/2023-apac-qualifiers-official-rules/ or, by October 13, 2023, send a stamped, self-addressed business-size envelope to Sponsor at the address listed below, Attn: APAC INVITATIONAL REMOTE QUALIFIER.